To get the most out of the investment development, owners turn to options consulting solutions for professional help and support of their business
General knowledge of consulting
In a competitive market, even strong and developed companies often experience difficulties that can be caused by both external and internal circumstances. Fluctuations in exchange rates and prices for raw materials, the emergence of new laws and regulations, changes in government policy in any area of the economy, as well as decisions taken in the international arena can affect many processes in business. A situation of imbalance in a company can also be created by tensions between subordinates, top managers, stakeholders, and the arrival of new management, partners and contractors. When the firm cannot solve all these problems on its own, the way out of the situation is to turn to professional consultants.
Moreover, consulting for for businesses often becomes a tool for solving practical, applied problems of an organizational, financial and legal nature:
- developing tax policy and choosing a taxation system;
- organizing and maintaining accounting records;
- legal support of activities and protection of their rights in court;
- assessment of human resources and the introduction of other forms of motivation and training of personnel, etc.
Classification of consulting services
Consulting services are classified in two ways: Subject classification (depending on the subject of consultation) and methodological (depending on the method of consultation).
- Subject classification is used in the client environment, according to which consulting is divided into three types of management: general, financial and production.
- The methodological classification is used by the consultants themselves; it divides consulting into expert, process and training.
Depending on the market conditions, economic situation and many other factors, a particular country has developed its own segment of consulting services. Here are some of them:
- general management is carrying out assessment activities, building an organizational structure, taking the company out of a crisis situation, searching for new partners is possible;
- administration – putting in order document flow, office management and control of other internal organizational issues;
- financial management is the control of taxation and financial reserves, reducing costs and increasing profits;
- personnel management (HR management) – personnel consulting (assistance in the search and selection of personnel), the formation of a corporate culture, the creation of an incentive program, training;
- market analysis – market research and adaptation of the company to market standards (price adjustment, product modernization, etc.);
- manufacturing – accelerating the production cycle and increasing the productivity of the company, production automation, industrial engineering;
- information technology – development, restoration and audit of company information systems;
- specialized services – engineering, environmental, legal, information consulting, telecommunications consulting, electricity management, public sector consulting.
Consulting services are not only a solution to problems that may arise in a business due to external or internal factors. This is a way to improve the image, establish internal communication in the company, find new partners and investors, and create a favorable environment for development.